So I haven’t blogged in a while, although I have been baking up a storm. I just haven’t managed to get any pictures until now, and who likes recipes without the photo? Not me!
I was rummaging through my pantry when i came across some cocoa powder that looked like it needed to be used. I didn’t feel like brownies, as I had made them on Sunday, so I figured maybe some cookies. I was browsing recipes, and none seemed as simple as I wanted. I didn’t want the double chocolate chunk, or the creamy chocolate cookies, and I did not want chocolate frosting. So I thought how about sugar cookies with chocolate.
Sugar cookies are a base for me, they are simple and easy, and if you add almost anything to them, they still taste great. So I whipped up my sugar cookies, add in my cocoa powder, and out came cookies. (Not literally there was the electric mixer, and the spoons, and the melting of butter, but lets pretend it was that easy).
I am now left with about 30 chocolate cookies and two roommates. As I don’t want to allow anyone to gain too much weight because of my devious habits of baking, I think I will bring some to work tomorrow.
Here is my basic recipe:
Sugar Cookies + Cocoa Powder
– 2 cups flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 cup melted or softened butter
– 1 1/2 cups white sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Mix all dry flour, baking soda and baking powder together and set aside.
2. In a large cream together butter and white sugar on a low-speed with your electric mixer. Mix until smooth.
3. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
4. Gradually add in dry ingredients, alternating between the flour and the cocoa powder.
5. Using a teaspoon roll dough into balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 12 minutes. Let cool for about 2 – 4 mins, transfer to cooling rack, and ENJOY!