As the weather has cooled down I have been craving soup. All kinds of soup, it just warms the belly so well. I decided that I wanted to make a vegetarian soup, that could have meat added to it easily as I was cooking for boys who needed some meat. I also needed to make the meal in less than hour, so it had to be an easy recipe. Chickpea Spinach Soup was the choice of soup.
It’s easy, simple, and fast, and can be made with ingredients you may already have at home!
– Small Onion Diced
– 1 Leek Sliced (optional)
– 3 Small Tomato Diced
– 3 Cloves of Garlic
– 6 Cups Chicken Stock
– 3 cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed
– 10 ounces spinach (1 1/2 bags of spinach)
– If adding meat you want it to be a enough to serve 4 to 5 people (i added a sausage for each boy)
– Parmesan cheese for topping
1. Put 6 cups of chicken stock in a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. While the chicken stock is heating saute onions and leek in a large sauce pan. Once translucent put garlic in garlic press and add to pan.
4. Add onions, leeks, and tomatoes to the chicken stock.
5. Add in chickpeas (if adding in meat add in here)
6. Add in spinach
7. Stir until the spinach is sautéed
8. Serve in a large bowl with some parmesan cheese on top.
9. Eat while still hot!